“Are the documents really Clear, Concise, Correct, and Complete?”
Greater complexity; Faster schedules; New Products & Technologies; and Specialization of Trades are all trademarks of the new world of Design + Delivery. As an industry evolves, it has become more important than ever to continue the focus on exploring ways to improve the process of delivering the design intent to the constructor to ensure realization of the intent in the built project This program will take a look back at the past, the present and the future of construction documents (drawings & specifications) to explore ways to improve preparation and delivery of construction documents.
This presentation and panel discussion (panel members: Interior Designer, Architect, Specifier, Product Representative, Engineering Consultant and Contractor) will focus on the exploration continued ways to improve the quality of construction documents and their relationship to more efficient project construction.
- Understand the roles of the specifier, the design professional, the engineering consultants in the preparation of Clear, Concise, Correct and Complete construction documents (drawings & specifications).
- Provide insight to how Clear, Concise, Correct and Complete construction documents can lead to more precise bids, a reduction in RFI’s, a reduced number of change orders and a more efficient Construction process.
- Share examples of how Specifications can be made clearer, more concise, more correct and more complete.
- Share examples of how construction drawings can be made clearer, more concise, more correct and more complete.
- Initiate dialogue on how a potential fifth “C – Collaboration” is critical to improved construction documents & project construction