When: Wednesday, November 14th, 5:30-7:30pm
5:30-6:15pm – Cocktails & Networking
6:15-6:30pm – Chapter Announcements
6:30-7:30pm – Program & Panel Discussion
CSI Members: Free. All events this year are included with your CSI membership!
Curtainwall Design, Documentation, and Construction
Proper curtain wall design, engineering, fabrication and installation is critical in the overall performance of a building. This presentation and follow-up panel discussion will provide valuable insight into the collaborative efforts required for successful curtainwall design & execution.
1. Identify the Relative Codes & Standards that apply to the design and installation of curtainwall cladding
2. Compare the Various Types of curtainwall systems
3. Summarize the various Performance Criteria utilized in the design of curtainwall cladding
4. Explain the Roles & Responsibilities of the following teams in the design, engineering, fabrication, installation, and testing of custom curtain wall projects:
The Owner Team
-the inspection agency
The Design Team
-the Architect / Specifier
-the Engineering Consultants
-the Envelope Consultant
The Contractor Team
The Supplier Team
-the glazing manufacturer
5. Explore the benefits of the Design-Assist procurement process in the design, engineering, and construction of custom curtainwall cladding projects.