Basic Responsibilities of the Treasurer
- Keeps accurate financial records and prepares the chapter/region budget, so knowledge of bookkeeping is important.
- Serves as chairman of the finance committee.
- Prepares the annual budget in detail and presents to the chapter/region board for approval.
- Maintains accurate bookkeeping of all checks, deposits, and dues reimbursements from the Institute
- Submits a financial report at the annual business meeting. Auditor's report is due at the first board meeting after the start of the fiscal year.
- Prepares a schedule of fixed annual payments for tax reporting forms and post office mailing permits.